The mission of the Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities/Deepwood (LCBDD/Deepwood) is to EMPOWER people with developmental disabilities to ENGAGE in activities that ENRICH their lives and contribute to their community.
In advancement of its mission, it is the philosophy of the Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities/Deepwood to promote the strengths, interests, preferences and choices of people with developmental disabilities and foster community integration. To this end, the Board strives to offer the highest-quality, most-inclusive, collaborative, and person-centered services and supports within available resources. Services range from Board operated programs for children and adults to connecting individuals with disabilities to private providers in the community through the Service and Support Administration.
Regardless of service provider, the Board is responsible for a portion of the cost for all services provided. As Director of Marketing, Lynnmarie’s role is to provide agency information and disability awareness/training to the community and all stakeholders. Lynnmarie has worked with LCBDD/Deepwood for over 29 years in a variety of positions. Current primary responsibilities include:
- All general agency marketing including print, internet, and social media
- Photographing and promoting events
- Building and maintaining relationships with local media
- Distributing press releases, ensuring HIPAA rights are protected with media
- Providing training to community groups and collaborations with partner agencies
- Providing tours and training to outside groups visiting the agency
- Training new and current employees on physical crisis intervention and behavior support
Lynnmarie was an adjunct faculty in the Human Services department at Lakeland Community College for 10 years and a proud graduate of Leadership Lake County class of 08.
Lynnmarie was raised in Mentor and returned to Mentor in 1994 to raise her family and care for aging parents. Her two children attended Mentor Schools where she volunteered for many PTA positions and functions. She coached a variety of sport teams as they grew up and have replaced volunteering for their endeavors with painting and volunteering for groups of her choice such as the American Cancer Society, Western Reserve Junior Service League, Deepwood Foundation, Deepwood Run, Miracle League, Special Olympics and Tim Tebow Night to Shine.
- Bachelors of Science from Bowling Green State University in Art Education and Special Education,
- Master studies in Public Administration and Rehabilitation at Cleveland State, Kent State and Ohio State Universities.
- Master Instructor of Crisis Prevention Intervention, a non violent crisis intervention curriculum